Hobbit

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Why blog?

Why blog?

I remember asking myself the same question and answering it, 8 years back. My first blog post.

My last blog post was from five years ago. I find a few incomplete, unpublished drafts in the cache. But even that stopped three years ago. Right now, my blog feels like a dilapidated, haunted house from the past. I did write some lengthy posts on facebook - may be I should compile them all here to spruce this place up.

Why did I stop blogging? Somewhere along the way, I lost the interest to express myself. I felt I had to do a lot of introspection in quiet. I felt I was falling into the trap of 'All talk and no do'. I wanted to reach some goals and then return to my blog.

Did I reach anything? May be a few. But I regret having paused blogging. Nothing is worth sacrificing the joy of expression for.

Five years older and a little bundle of joy in hand. Seeing the world through her eyes is just what I needed. I'm older but I feel younger - what a paradox!

I love my job at NISH. It is a pleasure to wake up everyday in the morning and plan the day's tasks. I meet amazing people and learn something new everyday. Working in Assistive Technology (AT) has inculcated in me a deep sense of respect for technology. I'm no longer worried about gadgets taking over people's lives. I'm more anxious to train people to control their gadgets and have a better quality of life. I think that's a big change in perspective. I have a lot of things to share here. For now, I'm doing quite a bit of writing at the Fab academy webpage. May be that's also a reason why I'm back here. The writer's block is gone, thanks to the compulsory weekly documentation.

2 comments:

  1. வாவ்! ப்லாக்ல மீண்டும்எழுத ஆரம்பிச்சாச்சா?
    பல வருடங்கள்உக்கு பிறகு ப்லாக் பக்கம் பார்ப்பதில்
    மிக்க மகிழ்ச்சி அக்கா:)

    ReplyDelete