Hobbit

Monday, February 14, 2011

2011

Given that the world is coming to an end next year (Movie :2012), I have decided on a few things to do, wrap up, tie up all the loose ends, etc.... First things first. In the current mindset, I would love to give up the peehechdee. Unfortunately, I have my quals in May - I need to pass it if I need food and shelter for the rest of the year.

Second, take the max possible time off work to go home - after quals. This time, it is atleast a 6-month break between two visits to home, all due respects to the quals. Get quals over and I fly/flee off to Madurai!

Third, eat like the world is going to end ;) . All the dosais and chutneys and idlis and biriyanis. To hell with the waistline! :P

Fourth, swim across the deep end of the pool. Fifth, sing a perfect ninnukori varnam. Sixth, post all the unwritten/half-written cards, half-made gifts. Seventh, gift myself a dslr. Eighth, make some people happy. Ninth, relearn the Padmasana. Tenth, do a bungee jump. Eleventh, read The Illiad. Twelfth, master the hula hoop. Fifteenth, the kavattai (slingshot). Sixteenth, search for Noah. Seventeenth, help him with the ark. Eighteenth, get into it. I am nowhere near any loose ends.

8 comments:

  1. :D good post! I can relate very well to your plight! If I were to make a similar list, your 'tenth' would be way on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good bucket list, but u missed a few numbers in between... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. First: You'll pass the exam for sure, you are a great scientist-to-be :) You have the attitude for becoming one (working crazy hours, disorganizedly... kidding)
    Second: Totally agree! I also want to take time off work and go to YOUR home :)
    Third: Same as for second... I want to eat you dosais!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Interesting! Only 18(by the different number system that you seem to have adopted) things to do? If the world ends in 2012, shouldn't you have like 2012 things to do? No? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 'to hell with the waistline, part ;) and u also seem to have missed 13 (I can understand the bad luck associated) and 14 (hope u didn't forget to count)... Love reading my intelligent friend's blogs ( Happy Valentine's Day honey ;) )... keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Madhan na: Thanks! I did reverse bungee jumping twice last year ;)

    @VJ : Need some scrabble to keep my brains in place! ;)

    @Ester: Let's plan it properly then!! India in May/June?? And that's an old definition of a scientist - we know now that a scientist has to be the most organized, pulled together person on the earth!

    @Antimony : and you have adopted a weird sense of logic :P

    @Thiripu : Thanks :). Like all adults, I'm slowly forgetting the teens ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't see a comics book in the list? All over? :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Essential part of life na... list la varaadhu ;)

    ReplyDelete