Hobbit

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Finding a question...!!??

I have never been at a loss, when it comes to asking questions. My nickname at hostel was 'kelvikuri' ('question mark' in Tamil) . When they said that Ph.D. is all about asking the right questions and finding out the answers, I was overjoyed - here is something that I'm good at and that which pays off... ;) Alas! I had overlooked the 'right' part.... It's not similar to asking crappy questions to irritate your friends and taking a cruel pleasure in taunting them, is it? And yeah- I can ask the right questions - if only I did not have to find the answers myself..... with 3 supervisors breathing down my neck, asking for reports and updates.... The toughest part is to make the question scientifically appealing to all the 3 of them.... Oh Gad! Ph.D. is Physically Depriving!

3 comments:

  1. You in the US? I thought you were in Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can ask the right questions - if only I did not have to find the answers myself..."

    You already sound like a final year grad student! :D
    but remember that the best is yet to come.. :)

    I know how it feels to have more than one boss.. good luck with tackling all the three! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahha...Good one..! U can always say that u r in the process of finding answers or manage with the cliche that not all questions have answers.. :P

    ReplyDelete